Having blessed a peaceful New Year, we find ourselves seeking the blessing of the Big Mafia Boss in downtown Chicago in our first featured slot, Chicago Gold.
Perhaps it’s not going to be such a peaceful start to the New Year after all? Set in downtown Chicago in the 1920’s this slot involves the mafia, police and a battle on the streets to gain rights over the bootlegging market.
Chicago Gold is a relatively new slot from Microgaming. This mafia themed slot is played out on 5 reels with a maximum of five rows and 40 fixed paylines. Landing a minimum of three of the same symbols along a payline, starting from the leftmost reel is required to win a payout.
Chicago Gold has an RTP of 96%, while the volatility is ranked at a high level. As far as the betting goes, stakes range from as little as €0.20 up to a maximum €50. The slot is available on all devices in high resolution.
Let’s have a more in-depth look into the secrets of this underworld slot as there is a lot of bootlegging going on, with no fewer than six special features.
- Free Spins: Eight free spins are awarded when you land three free spin scatter symbols on reels 1, 3 and 5. Special reels for the free spins are set in the theatre where additional cash, jackpot and collect symbols will be added to the reels to increase the chance of winning.
- Cash Collect: Cash bundle symbols will land anywhere on reels 1 to 4 and they will contain a monetary value. If you land the collect symbol on reel five you will win the total value of all cash symbols present on the reels. Cash symbols can be worth anything from 1x to 25x times the bet.
- Multi Cash Collect: Once more an accumulation of cash bundle symbols but this time a multi collect symbol lands on reel 5. The total of the cash symbols is multiplied by the multiplier contained within the multi cash collect symbol.
- Re-spin cash collect: When re-spin cash collect lands on reel 5 you will win the total value of the cash symbols landed and the value of the cash symbols on the free re-spin.
- Jackpot Bonus Game: The jackpot symbol is a Big Boss mafia gold coin. Land one anywhere on reels 1 to 4 and one of the cash collect, multiplier cash collect or respin cash collect symbols to open the Big Boss Jackpot feature. Four different jackpots are available, Mini 50x, Minor 100x, Major 500x and the Grand jackpot at 5000x. Match three of a kind to determine your win.
This slot will get your blood pumping after a peaceful start to the year with great symbols, features and the possibility of massive wins.
Another New Year favourite for 2022 is Madame Ink from Play’n Go. This slot is themed around oriental styled tattoos, with several tattoo designs as symbols on the reels that are set within Madame Ink’s Asian store.
Play’n Go has once again generated a great oriental design for a uniquely themed slot. The title features 5 reels and 3 rows and wins are formed with a minimum of three matching symbols starting from the leftmost reel giving you 243 different ways to win.
This slot has an RTP of 96.21% and is a medium volatility slot. The betting ranges from a minimum stake of €0.10 to a maximum of €100 per spin. The slot is compatible with all devices, even smaller smartphones.
Madame Ink has three main features, the ink well wilds, Madame’s mystery reel and free spins. To support the bonus features there is an ink well wild that can pay 5x when landing five anywhere along the reels from left to right. There is also a decorative S tattoo scatter symbol.
The ink well feature occurs randomly during spins. Land an ink well anywhere on the reels and it may randomly spill its ink to fully stack the reel with this wild, increasing your chances of a winning combination.
Madame’s mystery reel will land randomly on the middle reel and will transform into a stack of matching tattoo symbols. Mystery symbols on the remaining reels will then match the stacked middle reel to help form wins.
Finally, the free spins feature is activated by landing three or more scatter symbols. You will then have the following options:
- 3 Free Spins: These spins will include Madame’s mystery reel and the expanding ink wild
- 6 Free Spins: The spins will include only Madame’s mystery reel and not the ink wild.
- 12 Free Spins: This will include only the expanding ink wild feature.
A great slot, especially if you made a resolution to get a tattoo in the New Year.
Cabaret Royale is a retro themed slot from 2by2 Gaming, released in November 2021. Sit back and relax with a glass and enjoy the atmosphere as Cabaret Royale is played on 8 reels, 6 rows and 60 fixed paylines. To form a winning combination match three symbols along a payline starting from the first reel.
The 2by2 Gaming slot has an RTP of 96.03% and has a medium volatility. The betting ranges from €0.10 to as much as €80. There are three bonus features, namely, Wild Feature, Encore Feature and Free Spins.
The Wild Feature is activated when a full stack of wild symbols lands on reel 1 or 8 during the base game. If so, the stack will be copied to reel 6. The stacks will freeze for the next spin where additional wild symbols may land on reels 2 to 7 improving the odds of a win.
Also, during the base game the Encore Feature may randomly trigger when a win of 5x or more of the winning stake is achieved. The Encore Feature, if triggered, will double the winning amount.
Free Spins are awarded by landing three or more scatter symbols anywhere on the reels. Three scatter symbols will grant you 8 free spins and a maximum of 6 scatter symbols will give you 15 free spins. Before the free spins start you will have to choose one of the following three options:
- The Free Spins will continue throughout with frozen stacked wild symbol on reels 1 and 8.
- Select your Free Spins with a more frequent Encore Feature.
- Play your Free Spins with a more frequent Encore and Wild Feature.
Go for a day out at Cabaret Royale; with its alternative reel set up and features that can play you to the tune of a 2000x maximum payout, it could be a day you will never forget.
Bonnie & Clyde
The last of the recommended slots for the New Year is Bonnie & Clyde from Red Rake Gaming. Set in the United States of America during the 1930’s, it is a 5 reel slot with 4 rows and 50 paylines. Payouts are won by landing enough matching symbols along a payline, starting from the left reel.
Bonnie and Clyde has an RTP of 95.10% and it is a medium volatility game. The betting ranges from €0.20 up to €50 per spin.
There are two main bonus features in the slot. The first relates to Clyde who can form winning combinations when matching three or more of his symbols from the leftmost reel. However, as Clyde is so cunning in nature, he can also form winning combinations from the rightmost reel.
To initiate the free spins round you need to land three or more Bonnie symbols anywhere on the reels. Landing three Bonnie symbols gives you 10 free spins, 4 gives 20 free spins and 5 presents 50 free spins. If you land three further Bonnie symbols during free spins it will re-trigger the feature with an additional 10 free spins. In this way, you can obtain a maximum 300 free spins.
Bonnie & Clyde is a great slot with fun features that allows the getaway from 2021.
We wish you the very best for 2022 and we hope that you have time to try out these thrilling slots at Queenplay. They can provide you with hours of fun with their entertaining themes and bonus features, and hopefully, they will also see you land big payouts.